beauty, make-up, life.

Monday 12 June 2017

My Favourite Summer Scents Under £30


Summer is absolutely my favourite time of year; closely followed by Spring. Everything changes for the Summer-time - the clothes we wear, the activities we take part in, our mood, and for many of us, our beauty products. In this post I'm going to be talking about this, specifically: scents - my favourite Summer scents... That are also not too expensive.
I have chosen a mixture of sweet, fruity, musky and floral fragrances from 4 different brands. I don't think I have a favourite as they are all so different in many ways, from the type of smell to their intensity to lasting power.

This is a fragrance mist so it's light, unlike an EDT. Its main scent is coconut but I can definitely smell notes of vanilla which is my favourite to wear therefore I would say I do wear this mist the most out of all the fragrances featured in this post. I love wearing this mist on holiday as it goes with the whole sun-cream, coconut body lotion smell and it's light (as previously mentioned) and summery.

I do wear this EDC a lot, but I've currently got the bottle practically up my nose wondering why I don't wear it every. Single. Day. It's nothing like any scent I've ever come across... obviously it's from the Most Unique Scents Award Winner --> The Body Shop. This fragrance is so potent but I really struggle to describe what it actually smells like. It's not very feminine but it's sophisticated, clean, floral, lemony... It's just great. Although the most costly of the 5 products mentioned, it's the most long-lasting therefore definitely worth it.

The Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus Eau De Toilette 100ml (£15)
I won't go into detail about this one because I wrote about it in my first ever blog post 'The Body Shop Products You Need To Try'. Again, it's a very unique, natural and refreshing fragrance.

Next Paradise Island Body Mist
I'm going to apologise right now because after planning this blog post and taking all the photographs, I've realised that this body mist has been discontinued *cries*. I still love it though so I'm going to talk about it anyway. It's a very exotic scent; on the back of the bottle it says it has notes of mango, pineapple, sandalwood, musk, coconut water and guava. I love the nozzle on this bottle because it gives out a big refreshing spray so I love spraying it on my chest and shoulders on a really hot day. Useful huh.

The style of this bottle is very aesthetically pleasing; it's simplistic and modern and looks fabulous on my dressing table and the liquid inside is a beautiful pink colour. Somebody told me that this scent is a dupe for Prada Candy - it smells sweet and, as you can probably tell from the name of the product, fruity. It also has notes of rose and a little muskiness. It's a beautifully feminine scent and lasts a long time and I would definitely recommend it.

I would love to hear what your go-to Summer scents are! Chat with me in the comments.

Libby
x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. The Next body mist has been discontinued?! I used to love that, it's perfect for holidays, it smelt amazing! Gutted!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it on all the time on my holiday last year! I guess I'll just have to find another one that's similar x

      Delete
  2. That body shop green tea scent sounds so wonderful. I didn't know they did perfumes. I am definitely going to have to check it out.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Body Shop scents are amazinggggg, definitely try them out! xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig