beauty, make-up, life.

Friday 9 June 2017

Tanya Burr Cosmetics: 'Birthday Suit' Eye Palette


Tanya Burr is another one of my favourite bloggers. I watch her YouTube videos and read her blog posts and they are the ultimate inspo for my life. Recently she uploaded a vlog which included a snippet of her doing her makeup, partly using one of her eye palettes. This reminded me of the fact that I haven't yet checked out any products from her beauty line Tanya Burr Cosmetics. A few days later I went into my local Superdrug and had a nose through the TBC products they still had in stock, and this eyeshadow palette was the one that caught my eye as it's so up my street - the beautiful peachy-pink packaging and enchanting selection of matte and shimmer colours just screamed my name and I knew I had to try it out.

 With nothing less expected from a beauty range by Tanya, the packaging is absolutely delightful. The silver border fits well with the peach cover and the heart-shaped mirror inside is a decent side and adds to the overall feminine look of the palette. I like the way the colours have been named after ingredients/food items, perhaps due to their similarity to baked goods and chocolate. The soft-pink ribbon on the side is also useful for opening the palette (very well thought out). This packaging almost reminds me of a little palette I would've used as a young girl.

This palette definitely fits well into the Soft Luxe Collection as its shades are natural (hence the name 'Birthday Suit') but also so pigmented that they might as well be from MAC, and the appearance of the palette is that of class and high price. I would describe these shades as useful for Spring/Summer because of the peach and champagne hues but Soft Truffle can take it into Winter and Autumn.  These 4 shades go so well together, and I can tell they were carefully selected because if you have this palette, you don't need assistance from any other colours to complete a full eyeshadow look. There's even a very helpful mini-tutorial by Tanya on the bottom of the case, which guides you on where/how to apply the shades if you're not sure where to start. Like I said before, these colours are so pigmented (especially the mattes), buildable (apply a little to your brush then keep adding more colours for a more dramatic look) and very easy to blend. I can't believe this palette is only £5.99!


As you can see in these pictures, I opted for a natural look but you can build up Soft Truffle and Cocoa Sugar if you want to use the palette for a more dramatic look.

How to get this eyeshadow look:
1) Sweep Toast across your lid (this is your base shade).
2) Darken the look by blending Soft Truffle into your crease.
3) Bring Soft Truffle down to your lower lashline.
4) Add shimmer by blending Marzipan from where Toast ends, up to your browbone.

I finished this look off with Soap & Glory Supercat Liquid Eyeliner (and obvs mascara) but you can finish it off however you like: Soft Truffle on your upper lashline, brown pencil liner, or just apply mascara after Step 4 for a super natural eye.

Have you tried any of Tanya's beauty range? What are your faves? I think I'm going to try the nail polishes next.

Libby
x


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love the shades in this quad. It looks awesome!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so up my street, I love Toast and Marzipan! xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig